Many small business owners have implemented a tool, such as Google Analytics, to monitor their web traffic. If you are one of those who have a tool in place I am so glad.
The important question is…are you using it to make critical marketing decisions? If you are not using it to review your performance and make revisions to improve your website and traffic flow then you might as well uninstall it.
If you don’t understand how to analyze and apply the information then educate yourself. Here are a few ways to educate yourself on how to review web analytics.
- Look for the help feature within your package
- Educate yourself on key terms related to web analytics
- Read blog posts from marketing professionals (click here to read my posts on the subject)
- Google it! – there are many tutorials, blog posts, YouTube videos, etc. that can help you understand analytics data
- Consult with a marketing professional who understands web analytics
Using a web analytics tool to measure the performance of your web site is a key element to its success. As always, review your metric and revise as necessary.
p.s. Google Analytics is not the only quality web analytics tool. However, it is one I recommend for small business owners.