Sure you have something to say! When asked this question I typically respond with another question. Why do you want to Twitter? On Tuesday’s blog I offered 5 reasons to Twitter. These can help answer the “why” question. If your business goal is to connect with your audience (clients, prospects, colleagues, etc.) then consider these suggestions on what you should Tweet.
- Join the conversation! (you might learn and/or contribute something)
- Offer information or insight (you may have a pearl of wisdom that one of your followers needs to read)
- Pass along interesting articles (by passing along great articles you read, you may help someone else)
- Talk about conferences or meetings you attend (people who respect you may want to check out what conferences you attend)
- Talk about business meetings you attended and mention who was in the meeting (especially if they are on twitter too)
- Talk about business deals you recently signed (if they can be discussed publicly)
- Talk about something you have learned in business, life, parenting, whatever (this can connect you to your readers)
- Insert your reason here
Still need more help with this Twitter or social media thing? Contact a marketing coach to help get you started!